Ana's Bookstore

Ana's Bookstore
In print and ebooks

3/10/2009

Participate too... Voting for me!!

It's in the mood to take attitude and meditating over the International Women's Day that here I just joined a contest. May the best (of any gender) win!
Best Original Oil Pain...

The thing is I don't think we advanced much as humans, not in the sense of a spiritual advance. When I just hear in the news of intrafamiliar violence, and a recent case of rape of a nine year old girl who then got pregnant (and of twins) I still have hopes men will evolve. 200 years of Darwinism and nothing really changed. Well, it takes millions of years for a specie to evolve. Maybe one hundred years more and we will be able to stay free of those cruel acts. If we cannot even stay safe and in peace in our own homes.

2 comments:

Manfred said...

I am not sure if I agree with you. Men has evolved from being violent neanderthalers to what we see here today. Yes there are still some messed up things in the world BUT look at the beauty of it all.

As for cruelty, I can't help but think that it's part of the human nature and that we will stay this way for a very long time.

Unknown said...

I agree men evolved... what I said it is that it was not much... and not enough. Instincts must be sublimated. There is a long long way to go 'till we can see perfection. But hey, that's human nature. i was being blunt by all that has already happened, but have to agree there IS beauty in this world!